Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiast Forum - Volvo Community - Volvo Repair - View Single Post - 2008 XC90 tailgate lock actuator stuck in lock position
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2020
Paul1963

Check that the handle on the hatch is not pulled back and staying back and nit returning to its resting position
The rods it uses as the pivot point rusts and can hold it in the open position
Spry the rod down from under side of handle and let it soak while flipping the handle with your fingers

I had the same problem on my Volvo XC 90 and every six months or so you got to get back in there and spray it again the rods made out of a crummy metal that it should’ve been stainless steel but it rusts in the plastic handle binds on the rust and it won’t release it this may very well be the problem because I found that it wouldn’t unlock and it was getting sketchy sometimes it would sometimes it wouldn’t PB blaster or arrow Croyle even WD 40 if that’s all you have will work but this stuff dries up very shortly and the problem will return let it dry a bit for a few days and then spray it with a white lithium grease and they should keep it from coming back I hope this solves your problem for you

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome