Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiast Forum - Volvo Community - Volvo Repair - View Single Post - Looking for 2004 Volvo V70 2.4 maint $
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2009
sulley007
Administrator

Welcome to the forum Francine. I think this is a difficult question to answer. I would really look for an owner who kept maintenance records and have an inspection done. Your annual cost of ownership are going to vary greatly depending on how well the car was maintained. That said I think I'd look for some of these items from a mechanical issue:

Periodic problems on this vehicle are the failure of the Engine Intake Valves, Leak Detection Pump and Crankcase Ventilation Hose under the intake manifold. The cost to replace the Engine Intake Valves is estimated at $460.00 for parts and $1170.00 for labor. The cost to replace the Leak Detection Pump is estimated at $200.00 for parts and $130.00 for labor. The cost to replace the Crankcase Ventilation Hose is estimated at $50.00 for parts and $195.00 for labor. All prices are estimates based on $65 per flat rate hour and do not include diagnostic time or any applicable sales tax.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome