Volvo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking at a Volvo 1800ES that someone has for sale. However I have a few issues with the price that the person is asking. Mainly because the car has been in an accident (Front DR Fender, groove from DR Front Wheel to DR Rear wheel across the door), significant amounts of rust that need to be repair and last but not least doesn't run. Here is the point of the post more significantly he wants $5000 for it. I honestly don't know if this is a fair price for the vehicle because my experience is not very high with Volvo.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm no authority on vintage Volvos but I've been watching Volvos for sale for a while. The value of the car depends on a lot of things. Is it all there? Is the interior nice? Does the motor turn over? Is it surface rust on the body, or do the floor panels need to be replaced? Concours quality 1800ES's can sell for $30K or more. If this 1800ES is in somewhat decent shape, is complete, and the motor isn't frozen, it sounds to me as if $5K isn't too far off the mark. I'd offer him $4K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts