Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiast Forum - Volvo Community - Volvo Repair banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 S70 GLT, it starting running bad on my way home from work. When I stopped at a local gas station it cut off. When I started it back up it ran fine until I put it into drive and it started spitting and sputtering and when I tried to accelerate it was sluggish and seemed to misfire and the whole car was shaking. When I got home it smelled like rotten eggs, so I took it to a local muffler shop and had the catalytic converter replaced and it seemed to have fixed the problem until it warmed up and it started the same crap all over again. I tried to unplug the MAF and that did not help. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I took my S70 to the shop today and they have already figured out the problem. It was the dist. cap, it had a hair line crack in it and had water, oil and chunks of stuff in it. Also the PCV valve was bad, I had oil sitting all around my spark plugs. So after all this was cleaned and replaced it started running beautifully. And the guy I purchased my car from said that the check engine light has been on for the last 6yrs and that the Volvo dealership could not get it to pull a code so they could not find the problem to get the check engine light off. After my mechanic did the work today, the check engine light went off on its own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts