Volvo Forums banner

1999 v70 XC AWD 2.4 timing marks?

20K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  jakelarson 
#1 ·
Where are the cam marks on the exhaust and intake cams. The intake cam has a mark "l" on the front side of the gear. The exhaust has a mark "l" on the back side. Both cams have a "M" on them. I have replace the belt using the "l"
and it runs rough, missing on cylinder 4. Volvo dealer will not help. Any advice?

Discussion starter · #6 ·
1999 2.4L head bolt torque, 15# 44# then 130 degrees

I am re-installing the head and found that the torque is 15, 44, then 103 degrees. I do not know what the 130 Degrees means.

Can any one help?

Discussion starter · #7 ·
I finally got the head back on and now need a vacuum hoe diagram.
I didn't mark the hoses. Thought my memory would suffice. Does anyone know where I can get a vacuum diagram for a 1999 V70 AWD turbo 2.4?

Discussion starter · #8 ·
I finally got the head back on and now need a vacuum hoe diagram.
I didn't mark the hoses. Thought my memory would suffice. Does anyone know where I can get a vacuum diagram for a 1999 V70 AWD turbo 2.4?

Discussion starter · #10 ·
vacuum diagram

I found it but it shows the red hose going to the pressure regulator from the TCV. I have a hose coded with a red dot that goes somewhere. I cannot figure it out from the diagram.

Also, thanks SULLEY007 for all the hard work and time you put into this forum.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
where is the pressure regulator?

The diagram under the hood shows that the hose (red on the diagram, and coded with a red dot where it attaches to the TCV switch, at least I believe it is a TCV switch) goes from the TCV to the pressure regulator. I can't find the pressure regulator. The diagram shows it along the passenger side firewall. Not there.

Discussion starter · #17 ·
runs rough like the timing is slightly off, marks line up

The vacuum hose went to the turbo, Thanks for the help. The engine is all back together and started. No leaks. It runs rough. ETC light is on. It runs like an engine that needs the distributor slightly adjusted. You know, the old way we adjusted timing. Any suggestions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.