Volvo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2000 S40 and this morning the car was totally out of service. "F8" was displayed on the instrument panel in the screen where the clock is usually displayed.

Symptoms:
1. I usually manually unlock the driver side door with the key (not the key fob). The driver's side door lock popped up, however, when I turned it to the left for a second time to unlock the rest of the doors, nothing happened.

2. When I put the key into the ignition and turned it to the starting position, the radio did not turn on, nor did any other normal beeping sounds for the seat belt, etc.

3. "F8" was displayed on the instrument panel in the screen where the clock is usually displayed. The car mileage, etc. was also displayed. However, after putting the key in for a second time, nothing displays anymore. The instrument panel is completely blank now.

Could anyone please give some advise on what might be the problem? The only thing I can find is that there's a fuse called "F8", but I found it on a wiring diagram for a 2004+ S40, and this is a 2000 S40.

Thank you very much!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts