Volvo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 degrees Fahrenheit. Turns over slow doesn't start. I jump it with another car... nothing...not even clicking. I leave it connected to other car for 15 mins .. nothing.. So since it's so cold out I heat up battery with heating pad for over an hour.. nothing... what I do hear after key is off is a rapid slight clicking sound from low on motor that stops after 30 seconds. I'm guessing starter relay?? Any ideas would help. THANKS

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar issue in my ‘89 244. Here’s what the lead technician at my local dealership, with 30 years of experience said:

‘The fuel injection system fuse and holder is burnt and melted. We are getting a signal from the fuel pump, but obviously no signal from the fuel injection fuse holder. The cause of the melting of the fuse holder and the no start problem is that the fuel injection control unit has shorted out. We are replacing the ECM with a used one, since Volvo Cars of North America does not offer the part anymore.’

Granted my car was older but your description of the issue was identical to my car. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts