Volvo Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my volvo friend im sending this message out to all you s40 diesel owners a year ago i bwt a 2003 volvo s40 1.9d sport 115 bhp and it was running like a dream i couldnt fault the car brilliant until i one day i went out to start it and it was taking ever so long to start so my head was being scratched several time i went ahead and changed the heater plugs and still the same problem so a new battery was bought and still no change so the next step was to plug it into a diagnostics machine and still no faults were detected this was starting to drive me crazy buy this point i changed the fuel pressure regulator and that had no change air flow mass sensor was changed and still no change to the starting issue it wasnt till one day at a renault garage that i found out that the volvo s40 1.9 d sport runs a renault engine in it and the common fault on the renault engine is diesel injector witch will not show any faults on diagnostic machine this was a break through so me and my brother did a bleed test on the injectors and boom injector number two had gone a releaf any body i hope iv manage to answer someones trauma with there s40 diesel any other questions i may be able to help just ask as my brother is a volvo technician and even he said volvo injectors on the s40 never realy go many thanks:)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts