Volvo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an s40 for my wife at an auction. When I seen it, I plugged my code reader in and checked all the fluids and such. It all seemed fine. So I decided to drive it home about 100 miles away. About halfway through the trip, the coolant level low and engine overheat warning came on the indicator. I stopped immediately and let it cool down added some water to it. It drove the rest of the way home fine. Replaced the thermostat and the housing that was cracked and drove it around to test her out. About 20 minutes or so of driving around, it just died. Like all the dash lights cut out and there was no power. I pulled it over and let it sit for a few minutes and it started right back up fine but with cel. It threw 7 codes. 2 random misfire, and misfire cylinder 1-5 individually. I'm about to change the spark plugs and change the oil. I'm wondering if there's anything else I should do or look for. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently bought an s40 for my wife at an auction. When I seen it, I plugged my code reader in and checked all the fluids and such. It all seemed fine. So I decided to drive it home about 100 miles away. About halfway through the trip, the coolant level low and engine overheat warning came on the indicator. I stopped immediately and let it cool down added some water to it. It drove the rest of the way home fine. Replaced the thermostat and the housing that was cracked and drove it around to test her out. About 20 minutes or so of driving around, it just died. Like all the dash lights cut out and there was no power. I pulled it over and let it sit for a few minutes and it started right back up fine but with cel. It threw 7 codes. 2 random misfire, and misfire cylinder 1-5 individually. I'm about to change the spark plugs and change the oil. I'm wondering if there's anything else I should do or look for. Any advice would be appreciated.
I would swap coil packs 1

1 - 2 of 2 Posts