Volvo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2005 volvo xc70 (174000) miles about a month ago. It started idling rough and shaking when accelerating and then a check engine light came on with two cylinders misfiring. I replaced the spark plugs and it was still driving rough so i had the check engine light checked again and it was 4 misfires. So I went ahead and replaced all 5 ignition coils too.. Still 4 misfires and a random misfire code. I don't really know what else to do, ive done spark plugs and coils, fuel injector cleaner, checked for vacuum leaks and cleaned the MAF sensor

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know you would like some diy advice to fix this problem, but if this was my car, understanding it is 15 years old and 174k miles, I would give in and find a mechanic I have some trust in and take it to them. You've done a lot, pretty much what I would do in the same situation. I always used repair shops as a last resort in most cases unless I knew from the start of a problem that there was no way I could effect a fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.