Volvo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am hoping for some help on an issue with my 2008 XC90 that is having some electrical issues. It started with the tire pressure warning system coming on about 6 months ago. I've had my mechanic reset and check the tires but it comes back on within days of visiting my mechanic. Recently I had to replace the alternator which seemed to fix the tire pressure signal for a while but it is now back on. Even more recently though I've had a bulb failure light come on even though I just replaced the bulb and now the sound system has acted up. The radio will come on but no sound will come out until a couple days ago and sound randomly started coming out but only in the back speakers. As well my Volvo after market bluetooth phone system won't come on.

I've checked all fuses and can find no issues there but continually have sound issues and odd electrical behavior.

Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and knows the cause.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The contact owns a 2008 Volvo XC90. While driving approximately 35 mph, the battery warning indicator remained illuminated. A few moments later, other unknown warning indicators began to illuminate. The vehicle was maneuvered to a safe location. The front driver and passenger side power window switches failed to operate when activated. The engine was turned off and failed to restart. Roadside assistance inspected the vehicle and jumpstarted the battery. The vehicle resumed normal operation. The contact mentioned that the SRS warning indicator illuminated for two years and continued. The rear passenger door ajar message displayed even though the doors were closed in a secured position. In addition, the child lock fault message illuminated. The failures recurred and persisted. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, but the cause of the failure could not be determined. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 116,580.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts