Volvo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a great 2013 s60 t5 with 115 on it so far. I bought it Used and have run into the oil consumption problem. It is to the point that I need to rather get the engine rebuilt or put an Used one in. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this matter?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think if I had an answer to this problem, I'd be a rich man. I'm sure you Google this is and are as frustrated as I am. My car only has 55k and I'm suffering the same issue. Volvo won't acknowledge there is an issue and the option of what is causing it varies. Rings and pistons can be changed but even volvo isn't 100% sure that will solve the issue. Changing to a new engine is about $12k. A piston and ring job(from what I can find) is about 5 to 8k. Some people have gotten Volvo to fit half the bill. I'm not sure replacing the engine will fix the issue.

Like you, I love my S60, but I've lost all confidence in reliability. This will probably be the last Volvo I ever buy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.