Volvo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. This is really vexing me! 1992, 240. Had been sitting outside for 3 years in California. Changed plugs, coil, added 5 gallons of gas to nearly empty tank. New battery. Started up pretty easy. No smoke. Good compression all cylinders (140) Then, I turn it off and---WHAM! I cannot, for the life of me, get it started again. It turns over, but feels like no gas. It will NOT FIRE. Good spark when I grounded out a plug on each wire. I replaced the Fuel Pressure Regulator, the fuel filter, the fuel relay, and really cleaned the Idle Air Contol Valve, even though it looked O.K. Tested most of the circuits, and got 11.5 volts at every one. Fuses look good and were seated well, but I changed them anyway. I disconnected the fuel line from the fuel rail, and checked as it pumped a good fuel squirt when I turned the key, but it will NOT START when I hook it back up to the rail. THEN, when I let it sit over night, it will start again in the morning. But, turn it off and the same thing. Won't start. My son is driving this to school, and I can't send him out on the road with this problem. HELP!:confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts