Volvo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys have a huge problem i love my 850 glt always wanted it to be turbo though. Well just a couple days ago my engine went. so i decided to buy a engine with 100K on it. But when i got the engine i realized it had the clamp for the intercooler piping on the top by the upper engine mount so its a turbo engine!!! Now i can do one of two things get rid of the engine or the guy i baught the engine off of said he has a turbo wagon and i can get the ecu, turbo, piping and intercooler for next to nothing! I have no idea what to do is a turbo onversion easy or what???? please help

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
That's going to be pretty involved to get it to run right. Is the guy you bought it off of going to do the labor to make it run right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No way he will just charge me up the ass and how do I know that when I bye a new clutch and timing belt for it, how do I know he even put it in?? But me and my friend who has swapped an 850 R engine out and put a new one in will be helping me. Is there realy that much if a problem cuz the engine is turbo I'll get the ecu and everything els I will need I don't expect that much tuning cuz the ecu should keep the engine runing factory stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any thaughts on how big the differance is on the compression ratieo???? Correc me if I'm wrong but I think N/A pistons are different than turbo pistons I think turbo ones have a bowl shape to them ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts