Volvo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 96 960 wagon, and I can't get the drivers seat to move forward. The other motors on the seat work fine, but the seat is all the way to the rear and I can't get to the rear track bolts to take them out. I don't think the motor is working, can't hear it trying to do anything. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions. Electrical connections seem to be ok from what I can see. Not much room under there. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
your problem is most likely a bad switch these cars have a history of bad switches have replaced mine three times you can pry the switch top out from side of forward back lever with tiny flat blade screwdriver but may damage it be carefull not to loose the balls or springs behind them and clean switch contacts the two little bridges are bad about bending and not making contact its hard to reinstall i found puting a little grease on balls in top of switch to keep them in place only way to reassenble the seat switch module is inaccessable from bottom and has to be purchased as an assembly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts