Volvo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my first post(on this forum) after some warm weather and a/c use I had some issues pop up with the fan. I believe I don't have auto temp type. I first noticed at fan speed 3&4 the fan would sometimes go to a higher speed for only a second or 2, then one morning on my way to work the fan was left on 2 from the day before and it wasn't working at all, I moved the selector back and fourth even off...nothing. After stopping for gas I got the fans to work on speeds 1-3, and a humming noise on 4. I checked the fuses for 1-3 and for 4 and although the fuse for the 4th spd was not blown, one spade on that fuse had a blue/black stain or burn mark on it. Does this sound like the resistor problem I've been reading about?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Usually if the resistor goes, it goes. There is a chance that you have bearings in the motor going out and that's the reason for the noise at higher speeds and for it stopping and starting.
You might want to pull the motor out and feel how easily and smoothly it spins. If you have four speeds then you have the manual control = MCC unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts