Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car "was" in excellent condition as of Thursday morning. My car stalled going around a corner, so I thought the turbo pipe popped loose, but then I restarted it and it died again, this time all dash lights came on including the oil light, and then smoke came from under the hood. I lifted the hood and noticed that the wiring between the fan and the starter were on fire. I put it out but could not find a way to cut the battery cable and the fire restarted. Next thing I did was get my kids out, call 911 and watch my beautiful car of 12 years go up in flames. We had just dropped our full coverage to liability about 2 weeks prior so it is a total loss. But I posted this in hopes that it might help someone else not see this happen to their car.