Volvo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a stunning baby-blue 1972 P1800E (will post pics soon) but I'm having major issues finding front brake rotors.

This car was made in 8/71 but is called a 1972 on pink slip. All the front rotors available say P1800E and ES 9/71 to 1973.

NO front rotors for 1970-8/71 anywhere.

But an old volvo veteran told me that ALL injected cars have the same brake rotors. And all carbueretted cars have the same rotors. Obviously front and rear differ somewhat.

If this is true then the rotors listed for cars made after 8/71 should fit my car right? Is there just a catalog error?

Anybody know anything about the P1800E brakes?

thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.....but

Thanks BHart.... I've contacted iRoll about rotors and they also have Panasports for sale. Now I can't decide over Minlites (now available again in the US) or Panasports?

Anyway... any idea if what Don Thibault, an old vet in the volvo industry is true - that ALL front rotors for injected cars are the same for all years?

If that's the case then the rotors are cheap. Centric makes a premium rotor for $50 (for all p1800e and p1800es cars)

·
Registered
330 Posts
You can contact Don here;
P1800.com | 508-888-9715

Minilites are traditional, Panasports would be less money. Comes down to taste.

I am still waiting for ATS to re-make the Classic Spyder for Volvos. They continue to make a 15" for original Beetles;
ATS Leichtmetallräder GmbH - ATS Wheels

Keep the old rotors for spares....just in case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes.. I like those wheels.. the star shape ones that almost look like Saab Sonnet wheels? Nice but very 80's-ish. I would really love to find some vintage spoked jaguar-type wheels for a reasonble price ($800 used). I'm not sure about Daytons.

I'm trying to go the other way with my P1800E - older looking. I have an eggcrate grille and am thinking about large vintage fog lights. Wire wheels would make it.
One thing is for sure: There are a lot more wheel choices in 114.3 PCD.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Daytons are the only way to go with a Volvo. No one made a knock-off hub to fit, plus worn splines would be an issue.

Lucas P700 headlamps would give a classic look but beware of poor quality copies. Shop around for those.

There are copies of the Lucas 700 spotlamp too - nice and big.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts