Volvo Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 S80 that has been through a lot. In the past the speakers had been replaced and its not in great shape from the last owner. I went to install a new headhunt (Alpine 172BT) with a set off Crutchfield but I am having trouble. The 6 pin din connector for the speakers. The kit came with the green harness for wiring up the power and stuff like that for the HU which I installed. It also came with a 6 pin din adapter to RCA, but I do not have the 6 pin din connector in the old headunit. It only had the navigation connector, green power connector and speaker harness. So we spliced in the speakers from the speaker harness into the male RCA plugs from the 6 pin din adapter that came with the kit. This allowed the speakers to play music but volume was very quiet. I could not find the factory amp inside the car and given I don't have the connector, I am guessing it was taken out at one point. Any help on why the sound would be so quiet going straight from RCA on the new HU to the speakers in old speaker harness.

This may be confusing, feel free to reply for clarification. Thank you for any help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts