Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiast Forum - Volvo Community - Volvo Repair banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into getting wire wheels for my '72 P1800E. I know that I can purchase 72 spoke 5x108PCD 15"x6" Daytons from the factory. They're nice but they are $500 each.

But it looks like one could also get 15"x6" spline drive 72 spoke Daytons on eBay for $230 each and "universal adapters" for another $100. The universal adapters are suppose to accommodate 108PCD bolt pattern.

Does anyone have Daytons on their car or have experience with spline-drive wheels or universal spline-drive adapters?

I'm wondering if this will work and if the offset is OK or if the wheels will be pushed outward lowrider style.

Thanks,
-Chris

·
Registered
330 Posts
The conventional, bolt-on Daytons will be less hassel. Adding the splines is another wear point that used to be a big problem for old MGs and Jags.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi BHart....I know that bolt-on Daytons would be a better choice but $1000 better? Bolt-ons are literally double the price and I just dumped $1500 into this car after it's $12K purchase...so I'm tryin' to be thrifty-er now.

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I started looking at Minilite replicas....VTO, Superlite, Panasport & original Minilites. I like them but a lot of cars have them and not super exciting. I'd be into Campagnolo or Vintage Fuchs if they made them in the right size but alas....it's either Daytons or Minilites. yay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts