Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiast Forum - Volvo Community - Volvo Repair banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some trouble with a '94 945 NA with egr. There is a slight hesitation whenever the gas pedal is pressed to move the car from a complete stop.
The car takes about 7-8sec to start even if the car is already warm. I'll list more symptoms as they are discovered.

Also this vehicle failed the inspection....
(HC ppm) failed -too high-
(CO%) failed -too high-

Anyone have a list of things to check that might solve these problems?
Could this be caused by some clogged/leaking vacuum hoses?

Thank you very much for any and all help/advice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is the check engine light on? Yes check vacuum lines and check your cat. it may be partially plugged or just plain wore out.very common on these models especially with high miles. does your exhaust rattle? if so you may have broken pieces rolling around in there. not too hard to remove it to take a peek. check and clean the egr. you may have a fuel pressure regulator or oxygen sensor on its last legs. hope this helps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. I also should add unstable idle to the symptom list. There was broken exhaust flange, bad o2 sensor, and a dirty throttle body. First I cleaned the throttle body & replaced the flange. But the hesitation and unstable idle did not go away. Then everything cleared up as soon as the o2 sensor was replaced. And it passed inspection. I checked the cat (while replacing the flange). It is clean and white with the entire honeycomb intact. But I still need to check & clean the egr and check the fuel pressure regulator. I'm thinking that the fuel pressure regulator is almost gone because now I've got a hot start problem. Thanks for all the information & help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts