Volvo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I'm new to the forum and to Volvos. I have a 2004 S60 (mt) and just the other night i noticed the headlights were very low. I switched on the High beams and it was better, but still very low...any ideas???

THank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
try to adjust the headlights either with switch on the light panel, and if it doest work pop up the bonnet and adjust headlamps itself. i think there is a couple hexagon knobs on each headlight lamp to adjust the light up/down and side to side. park the car in front of a wall or a garage on level ground and adjust the lights up and even to each other.
it might be explained in owners manual but it is really no brainer. good luck! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you

i found out that one of my level sensors is bad and giving a faulty reading, so the auto headlights (leveling) are not responding. I adjusted them manually and will replace the sensor in the spring

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well have you checked that the headlight covers are clean because some times when they get moisture then they don't give you the proper brightness..So you have to check them from inside.. if they you find moisture then clean them with a dry cloth and again fix them. and also check the ground of the headlight, is they fine? If not then replace them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do not delay to change the sensors if they have fault may be sensor will stop working soon but when you replace them also replace the covers to get the full brightness. Do not use the low quality covers they become dull very soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts