Volvo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Halifax, which is where Volvo's first North American assembly plant was located.

I have an early production 1998 S70 2.5SE, black on black leather with TRACS, sunroof, rear spoiler and 16" wheels...current mileage is 335,000km (200,000 Miles).

The "SE" was basically a normally aspirated GLT, which I think was a Canadian model only.

Nice car to look at in black; the S70 retains that beefy/chunky 850 look with some flowing lines as well.

To me, the S70 is the last Volvo that looked the way a Volvo is "supposed" to look. (boxy! chunky!)

It's a nice alternative to a used BMW 3 series, Mercedes 260e or Audi A4, for example...less "sporty" than the BMW, but the Volvo is usually less expensive to buy and often less expensive to maintain than the others as a used car.

My first Volvo was a 1982 242GLT with the normally aspirated B23e motor.

I have owned another 98 S70 as well.

I joined this community so I can increase my practical knowledge of the car's quirks, hopefully to keep it on the road affordably without challenging my sanity. :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hello Halifax.

I was fortunate to visit that factory in the early '90s. Lots of history lost with its closing. More history may be lost with the new owners of Volvo. At least the community to keep the older models on the road is very strong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts