Volvo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2002 s60 2.4 T with 189k. Diagnosed clogged IAC Valve. I need pictures and instructions. I was able tgo start it with 25 % acceleration and hold it until the roughness smoothed out, but it will be back. The only photos/diagrams I can find are for 850 non turbo. This will be my first attempt. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Regards,

Toddio

Since this post, I discovered that the Idle Air Control Valve is not a part of my 2002 S60 2.4T. The throttle body is elec. controlled through the Electonic control motor. The only way to repair is to go to the Volvo dealer and have the diagnostic computer perform. If they can clean the throttle body and reprogram, $300-$400. If they have to replace throttle body in total, approx. $1,000. I still can work on my 1987 240 DL and will. The S60 gets trade ona Toyota Camry, Kia or Hyundai. Sorry Volvo. You just don't justify the cost of ownership, safety considered. It has been a good run; (5) 240"s GREAT, (1) 940 POOR double overhead cam, (1) XC70 Hauled from driveway by Goodwill, (1) S(90)Best Car. No longer mfg.,(1) 2002 S60 2.4T. I maintained and kept to schedule. You guys just dropped the ball after the 240. Only my personal opinion, but I paid for it.

Toddio

1 - 1 of 1 Posts