Volvo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few weeks ago 2011 S80 Volvo for first time has a low battery light come on an battery died, jumped it off replaced battery. then this evening low battery light Came on while getting gas car off but radio on I cranked it up an was fine. Could it be the alternator? Replace battery at autozone weeks ago but still low battery

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should be able to have your alternator checked at an AutoZone or similar. If it's dying while driving than it could be bad connections on the battery terminal's . Check both ends not just battery posts. Also check body to frame ground. Your alternator light should come on if it's not working

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 2012 XC70. I purchased a battery at Costco and when the low battery light came on I went to Volvo and they said the charging system was ok and the battery must be bad. They said sometimes batteries sit before they are sold. I doubt that would happen at Costco but I went back and got another battery. The light came on again and then Volvo said when you put in a new battery the system needs to be reset. They changed $50. No issue since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts