Volvo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends, I am new to the forum, but need a help desperately! I bought this car from a friend many times we could start it but the idling was not smooth, misfire/uneven. took car to a mechanic for diagnosis scan, ECM reported damaging, Now he later said the computer box is burnt out, is that possible? he was going to solve the misfire also cut out the cataletic convector and replace it for P2500 (P botswana currency $1:7.4) suddenly he said he took the computer box to another man to fix it for another P3000!!!

I am very sceptical with this direction of his intentions and very suspicious. Now can someone give good advice regarding the problem of this car misfiring, it would not start until the no2 injector disconnected for a while and then crank to start and reconnect the injector cable runs revs and iddles fine, but with a slight jack and it would drive slowly only?

Golden Question is Is there some thing like burning computer box in a volvo s4o 2003 model? if so what is the record and causes?

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
volvo misfire

Thanks, apparently one of the coils to spark N02 was split on the side replaced runs fine this should have nothing to to do with a burnt computer box. Yes there were error codes read from the computer box. so do you that I could trust the report from that mechanic?

·
Registered
330 Posts
No, the high voltage from the coil should not normally be able to affect the computer. Maybe in a very unusual case.

Can you trust a mechanic? No more than any stranger you meet. Don't forget to have them explain carefully what they have found and how they will fix it - bring a friend along to help understand the mechanic's plans. Ask someone else with a Volvo who they use to repair their car? Eventually you can find a garage you can trust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts