Volvo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem so i know how to fix it;
the car wont start, not even try and turn over and none of my electrics work eg. windows, cd player etc and lights are dim on the dash.
I tried jump start it and still same result.. i thinking maybe my battery is shot? but electrics should of worked while it was being jump started.. Can anyone help??

·
Registered
46 Posts
You should add your location to your profile.

You can take the battery out and have it charged and tested for free at an Autozone or Oreilly if you have one close (free).

If it's really bad or badly discharged sometimes it will suck in so much trying to charge itself there isn't anything going past it to the starter. So jump starting doesn't always work nor does it tell you if it's the battery, a bad connection or a dragging starter.

Eliminate the battery by having it charged and tested and let us know what it's doing with the charged battery when you hit the key.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You should add your location to your profile.

You can take the battery out and have it charged and tested for free at an Autozone or Oreilly if you have one close (free).

If it's really bad or badly discharged sometimes it will suck in so much trying to charge itself there isn't anything going past it to the starter. So jump starting doesn't always work nor does it tell you if it's the battery, a bad connection or a dragging starter.

Eliminate the battery by having it charged and tested and let us know what it's doing with the charged battery when you hit the key.
I agree with you because this problem mostly happen when we have a low battery or loose connections.. So he should recharge the battery and clean the terminals to get proper power from battery....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts