Volvo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!
My name is Jerry Rogerson and I live in Summerville, South Carolina. I own a 1994 Volvo 940 Base that is named BO (Black Volvo) that has 220,952 miles. I leased it from the dealership in 1994 and purchased it at the end of the lease. It has been fulfilling to keep him going by searching YouTube and various websites to get answers to FIY.

I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with: sometimes BO drives smoothly without any vibrations. At other times, it feels like I have a possum hanging on the drive shaft that nearly shakes the rear of the car off the ground. This vibration really gets crazy at about 45 mph and when I slow to a lower speed it calms down some but the vibration continues in relation to the speed decrease.

I saw a YouTube video that talked about vibrations that listed about 15 problems that could be occurring. The two that seem to apply to BO were: warped rotor and bad drive shaft u-joints. Before I start exploring, I wanted to get some feedback from Volvo owners that have had this problem. It does not feel safe when that clunk, clunk, clunk sound begins in conjunction with the wild vibration that feels like it is going to flip the car.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts