Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiast Forum - Volvo Community - Volvo Repair banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a S60 2.4 AT anthracite with black leather with 34k miles.
i think car need an oil change but im not sure what kind of oil was used b4.

car needs hood struts and headlights wipers
i also have a question. Car has 34k miles which is really low but its like 8 years old... what about Timing belt service ? wait or do it soon ? where to buy parts ?

any other advices will be highly appreciated its my first volvo and my other car is '03 Acura CL Type S 6MT

if i posted it in the wrong section please move it so i can get more respones

·
Registered
6 Posts
The owner's manual should say what oil it needs. I always change the oil right after i buy a car. Depending on money situation, I would get things replaced as soon as they break. Obviously the headlight wipers can wait, but they are cheap enough. The hood struts I would replace. I have a volvo s80 and I use a baseball bat to prop up the hood :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's scary low mileage - beware. Be sure the rest of the car lives up to only having 34K on it. (ie: seats tires) I always judge a car by it's tires.. Mismatched makes or model? it's a hack job.

Cheap tires on all for corners but they atleast match? That says one thing.

4 different makes? - hack job.

Two good brand tires and two other good brand tires? Not too much to worry about. but if they're rotated and maintained all four should wear out at the same time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My third Volvo, 98 S70, 255k miles -- I'd change with full synthetic 10W-30 (Texas resident). By way of history, the '75 240 outlived the '88 740.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts