Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiast Forum - Volvo Community - Volvo Repair banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of oil filter and air filter do you all prefer ??? ive read lots of different opinions but none from actual volvo owners. what do you all know of --aFe air filters (kind of like KN) or those "green filters" what brand of synthetic oil do you use. hows that SuperTech brand from wal-mart ??

i just got an 99 S70 and need some advice. thanks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you have ever been to a Volvo meet where the factory shows up with their parts display, you'll only ever buy Volvo parts. They have cut-aways of oil filters, water pumps etc., comparing popular after market with Volvo. Very convincing.

I'm still a fan of good, conventional oil. Cheaper so you can change it more often and in older cars, synthetic can start oil seepage. Usually more of a problem with oil leaks when cork gaskets are present.

Also, don't be tempted into using too heavy a grade of oil. You need full flow when cold and heavy oil won't do that. You need a quality oil to take the heat when it happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Air filter

K&N gives you more airflow but one mechanic told me that it does not do efficient filtering of air because the filter is bigger than the OEM micron size, which means more dirt can get in the the combustion chamber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts