Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiast Forum - Volvo Community - Volvo Repair banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 6 months ago, my 1998 volvo v70 wagon started to overheat. It didn't take long to find that it was a small hole in the radiator end tank. I replaced the radiator and i've still been noticing the engine overheating.. soon after, i replaced the thermostat. No luck. I then replaced the coolant tank and cap, since i was seeing steam from that location. still no luck. my fan switches on right on cue, and the water pump is fine. I also replaced the spark plugs and wires, thinking it was a misfire and there isn't any coolant leaking on the ground . still no luck. i'm kind of at my wits end. can anybody give me a nudge in the right direction?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Is it really overheating? Is it showing hot on the guage, is it loosing coolant or just some steam at the overflow?

When you changed the rad/thermostat did you bleed the system? I'm not too familiar with newer model V but most new cars have a bleed valve at the highest point in the cooling system. This removes any air trapped in there so it's only coolant circulating. Could be the cause of some steam.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts