Volvo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
I checked last year and was quoted $500 and that included 2 years of on call. I tried to get my wife’s S60 done and then they told me they weren’t doing anymore as the fix didn’t work. They told me that they’d let me know when the NEW fix was available. I guess I need to check back again. The dealer was Holmes Volvo in Shreveport, LA.

· Registered
5 Posts
Finally getting around to having the 3G modem in my '17 S60 replaced. Dealer wants $750. Anybody coming up with a different number for the work?
I’ve gotten conflicting responses from my local dealer in the Chicagoland area. Summer of 2022 they told me that parts were finally available. I wasn’t ready to be the guinea pig since I couldn’t find any anecdotal evidence of a successful upgrade either online or from my dealer. When I was ready to finally proceed in late autumn of 2022, the same dealer and same advisor who’s been the lead repair manager since ‘91 told me to hold off because the upgrade was actually “bricking” the software required for so much of the driving experience. I took this to mean that though the hardware was probably set to go, the software was now the culprit and there had been no word from Volvo HQ about resolving the issue or when it may be addressed. I’d feel more comfortable if the company would adequately inform their dealerships about what’s going on here. I desperately miss the remote start as the winters in Chicago are especially harsh. Additionally the Volvo app is a great resource and without a Volvo Connect membership, it’s nothing but a prop to display the VIN.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve gotten conflicting responses from my local dealer in the Chicagoland area. Summer of 2022 they told me that parts were finally available. I wasn’t ready to be the guinea pig since I couldn’t find any anecdotal evidence of a successful upgrade either online or from my dealer. When I was ready to finally proceed in late autumn of 2022, the same dealer and same advisor who’s been the lead repair manager since ‘91 told me to hold off because the upgrade was actually “bricking” the software required for so much of the driving experience. I took this to mean that though the hardware was probably set to go, the software was now the culprit and there had been no word from Volvo HQ about resolving the issue or when it may be addressed. I’d feel more comfortable if the company would adequately inform their dealerships about what’s going on here. I desperately miss the remote start as the winters in Chicago are especially harsh. Additionally the Volvo app is a great resource and without a Volvo Connect membership, it’s nothing but a prop to display the VIN.
Yikes. That's kinda scary. Nothing like letting customers be the beta testers. Thanks for the post!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts