Volvo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
redcar: i hope to get euro rails from a local salvage yard. if you're still checking this, can you explain how you used the 2x4s and u-bolts -- or even post a pic? Do you think this set-up would support a total or other hard storage unit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you Redcar. I found some euro rails at a local salvage yard for a 2000 V70. JimKW on another thread suggests up to the 2000 V70 rails would work on my 96 850. The trim strip on my roof though is not the rubber with the caps -- it seems like a loose, thin metal strip with black caulking on either side. don't know how I'd get it back on without caulking. Makes me think maybe I can't put these on my 850? Anyone know whether all 850s are compatible with factory rails? Hate to invest in the rails and strip the trim and then realize it's a no go . . .

·
Registered
5 Posts
did much more reading and got lucky with 2000 V70 roof rails at a salvage yard today. black molding came with. little embarrassed to say i don't understand the link to the instructions above -- though they look great.

the rails i got are completely intact -- and the baggie of bolts not nearly as plentiful with any of those other pieces in the instructions. help? do i need to take the bars apart as well as take the molding off?

sorry to post on a couple threads here! there are so many good ones. thanks for any help. hope i can do this myself with minimal experience/tools but lots of dedication.

thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.