Volvo Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2002 S60 too. I have been having this issue except that my car completely turns its self off. It also only chooses when I am actively driving over 50 mph on the freeway to do this. It has left be in extremely dangerous situations on the freeway, more often at night in the pouring rain multiple times. I have had on going issues for the 1 year I have owned it and have dumped 1000's of dollars in repairs already.

Did repairing this part actually fix the issue? I'm about to toss in the towel on this car between the constant repairs and high insurance rate for a "luxury" sedan

Driving along fine, sudden "reduced engine performance" message. Sputters, lurches, dies. If it sits for a bit it will re start like nothing happened and can drive for days again like this. Then it will just do it again, typically only when it has been driven more than 20 minutes. I only drive a short distance to school, work or the grocery store. It only dies when going other places, typically farther, for pleasure.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.