Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiast Forum - Volvo Community - Volvo Repair banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2001 S60 T5 with 150K in it.

I have recently started noticing something with my transmission: after the car's been running for at least 15 min, shifting gears from high to low has a few sec delay, then suddenly shifts into a gear with a shake.

However, when I just start the car it shifts very smoothly.

Has anyone had any experience around this?

Rado

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey folks, haven't seen any replies to this question. I have a similar issue with my 2003 S60. Some times it works fine, but now more and more, at low speed, like going over a speed bump, it shifts back into gear with a big "klunk." Other times it shifts with a pronounced "jerk" after a stop light. I am thinking that it might be that all the transmission control controls may have to be re-set. A few years ago I had the same problem and it turned out to be a software issue. Only problem for me is that I hate the local dealer, does any one know if the codes can be re-set at a foreign repair shop. BTW, I am in Hawaii.

Danno

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, I think I have the same problem on my 2004 s60 2.4. Especially when I drive on the freeway and slowly push the pedal to the point when it wants to shift back. It kinda feels like it can`t decide between staying in fifth or shifting back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts