Volvo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Volvo S80 2.5 T, 2008 model. Some time ago the serpentine belt broke while driving and some the cylinders and valves got damaged and needed to be replaced. This happened at around 115,000 km. About a year after I got it back from the repair shop, same thing happened again. Back to another repair shop where they specialized in Volvo (not a dealer). They fixed it, but same thing keeps happening. However, I check it regularly now so it does not do any damage to the engine, other than damaging the serpentine belt. I assume it is a problem with the alignment, but nobody is able to fix it. The car has never had an accident. Also, there are no official Volvo repair shop in my town, so unless having to go out of town I want to get it done locally with the repair shop specialized in Volvo. The mechanic there has 20 years of experience from the Volvo dealer, so would not think going there would make much of a difference.

Is this a familiar problem and does anyone know how to fix it? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts