Volvo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to adjust road speed limit to 110 km/hr for my 2008 Volvo VNL 780, while my Volvo VCADS Pro 2.40 Version fails to communicate with vehicle ECU. When I connected with diagnostic socket, it was able to access ECU, but my Panasonic Win 7 window popped out a message reading “The software installed on the engine is not compatible with the ECU software”.

Here, by the way, express why I want to lower speed limit is due to an overspeeding accident previously. It is really a hard nut for me to crack; I have to turn to seek support online. I finally found some clues at Volvo Forum, an experienced Volvo technician who has been using Volvo truck diagnostic tool for a long time offered me much help.

I was told to upgrade the PTT to get the truck programmed, in such occasion, I am able to go into programming to adjust the speed limit. I decided to follow his advice, while some files are not complete and fail to install completely. I was suggested again to change a laptop running Win XP because PTT is a very touchy program and will not work well with some programs. Next, I changed another Dell Laptop running XP mode, and find online a link to download the software.

I downloaded the software and then installed successfully, and used it to complete programming, Work great! Also, I additionally tried it to diagnose MACK model 2004 and more, work as well.

You are available to get more about info about Volvo VCADS Pro 2.40 Version or other auto diagnostic tools on OBD2 Tools.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts