Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiast Forum - Volvo Community - Volvo Repair banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trip odometer in my 1992 240 works, but can not be reset. Also, the numbers are misaligned. Can this be repaired, or is it more practical to simply replace the entire instrument cluster?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vielen Dank Doppelganger. Can I buy this part online somewhere, and is there a protocol posted somewhere for the R&R?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ordered it from a Volvo dealer, and found an online tutorial for removing the instrument cluster. I got the car so that my 16 yr old son would learn to work on cars. I got my wish, :) but I'm along for the ride too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered it from a Volvo dealer, and found an online tutorial for removing the instrument cluster. I got the car so that my 16 yr old son would learn to work on cars. I got my wish, :) but I'm along for the ride too!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tutorial I found deals with removal of the instrument cluster and speedometer and main odometer repair, but does not mention how to replace the trip odometer reset button. Is there an online tutorial for this available, or can someone here list the necessary steps once the instrument cluster is out of the dash, please?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts