Volvo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here and I'm hoping that you guys and gals can help me with a problem I'm having with my volvo v70. First off, the volvo has been sitting for aout 2 yrs since the problem happened so I might have forgotten some things.

Well the problem I am having is that the volvo starts up and runs great. Idles good too. But after driving it for about ~10-20 min it boggs down and shut's down. If I try to start it back up it will start then shut down real quick. The only way to keep it running is too keep it reved up. I belive that we took it to an autozone and had them run a test on it. It came up with two sensors, the MAP and MAF sensors. Now i've searched but could not find out if any of my symptoms are related to either of these sensors. Also there is thick smoke that comes out of the exhaust. Beyond what is acceptable.

So what do you guy's think? Any info is helpful.

Thx Rich

·
42 Posts
These symptoms could be related to either sensor. If you're just thinking about replacing parts to see which fixes it, start with the MAP sensor, also called boost pressure sensor. Otherwise, you could probably take it to a dealer or independent shop and get it diagnosed and not have to waste money throwing parts at it that may not fix it. Let a shop diagnose it then replace the part yourself. Both of these parts are very easy to replace.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts