Volvo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Last night while driving home on the highway, the Check Engine light came on on my 1992 Volvo 240 DL. I parked it in the driveway and waited until this morning to check it out. I first checked my fluids, even thought I knew that wouldn’t be the problem. The antifreeze was very low, even though I checked it a few weeks ago, so I replaced it. I checked the engine codes and got 322 (Airflow meter hot wire), 221 (Heated Oxygen Sensor(Rich mixture/part throttle)), and 231 (Lambdfa adjustment). The first thing I figured to do was check the fuse for the O2 sensor (fuse 6). The fuse looked like crap so I replaced it with a new copper one. I checked to make sure the other fuses were ok and then started the car. As soon as I started it, the Check Engine light went off, BUT the car died immediately. I tried again, and the car just barely starts and then dies. If I gas it right after starting it, the engine will rev, but then it dies as soon as I stop giving it gas. Does anyone have any idea of what is going on here? The only thing I did was change fuse #6. I checked to make sure the other fuses were still in place (esp. the fuel injector fuse #4) and everything is fine. I’m a student and don’t really have much money to fix this so I’m really trying to figure it out myself. Thanks in advance for any help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts