Volvo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I am new to this forum. Trying to avoid a costly mechanic's bill. I have a volvo 245 wagon automatic. I have had it for six months, ran great until recently. The car runs fine then just dies. It takes a few times (from 4-8) to start the car and then runs fine. Anyone else experience this? Just gave it a tune up, oil change new air filter, yet to change fuel filter...any hints.

Thanks so much.

Sanjuanskater P.S I changed fual filter and fual pump relay also. This is my girlfriends car, so most recently she can drive it for miles just fine, turn it off start it, drive it and then randomly it just wont start. She has been using a trick the AAA guy showed her where you hold the gas pedal down all the way and slowly release it while starting this seems to help but doesn't always work. When it doesn't work she tries to start it a few times then waits a half hour or so and it will start again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The fuel pressure relay switch under the glove box on the passenger side of the car may have a cold solder joint issue. Pull the carpet back in front of the passenger seat to get to it. You can repair it or buy a remanufactured one or on ebay for $14-$20.00. I repaired the one in mine car in last than 15 min. You can tell when they go bad because the car will cut off while on the road or parking, after waiting 5 mins. it can be restarted. This problem will get worst. Save money by soldering it yourself with a soldering iron 30-35 watts. Touching each cold solder joint for few seconds is all that is needed it worked for me or you can remove the old solder. Both will work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.