Volvo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you take your car in for a squealing from the engine and/or you are told you have a pcv oil trap issue----DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!! There is a history of problems with this that sparked them to extend the warranty for lots of vehicles....AND it looks like they might be waiting for more complaints to extend this to even more cars!!! I was told "hold on to your paperwork...this will likely be recalled"...... I have a 2012 s60.....Over the phone I was told the repair would be $300....Then they quickly called back at said "You have the old part...it will be closer to $900".....?!?! The old part----but its still not covered!!!! The new one comes with a "Lifetime Warranty" I was told. Nearly $1000 later that does not make me feel any better and Volvo refuses to do anything until more people complain?!? I bought this car for safety but now they are putting Profits ahead of Safety....Wait until someone's engine catches fire and they crash from this. SO DISAPPOINTED IN HOW THIS WAS HANDLED. Spread the word so others know to look out for this. I've already found others who have paid big bucks to fix a problem---that Volvo should be covering!!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts