Volvo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After not using my volvo v50 2.0D (2006) a month, A strange probblem apperead.
It won't accelerate over 1200 rpm no matter what. I have tried to clean the throttle body and the egr, but nothing have changed.
I made a video about it:
Also have a obd 2 cable with Scan Master, but there is no throuble codes. You can see the values in the video .
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are a few things that could be causing this issue.
One possibility is that the engine is not getting enough fuel. This could be due to a clogged fuel filter or low fuel pressure. Another possibility is that there is something wrong with the ignition system, such as a bad coil pack or spark plugs. If none of these issues are found, it may be necessary to have the computer scanned for fault codes to help pinpoint the cause of the problem.

If your Volvo V50 won't accelerate over 1200 rpm, there are a few potential solutions:
-First, check the fuel filter and make sure it isn't clogged.
-Next, check to see if there is debris in the fuel line.
-If neither of those solutions work, it is likely that the problem lies with the ignition coil. You can test this by removing the spark plug and checking to see if there is a spark. If not, then replacing the ignition coil should fix the problem.
-Finally, if none of those solutions work, it is possible that the computer needs to be reset. This can be done by disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds and then reconnecting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts