Volvo Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've got a 53 reg 1.9 petrol V40 and the VVT pulley is making that horrible noise (brr tick....brr tick....etc) when idle. After searching the subject online it has been discussed quite a lot on various Volvo forums and there are several mentions of disconnecting the solenoid and running the engine without VVT. I've done this and there is an ever so slight drop in power and the engine management light comes on, but this I can live with over that God awful noise! What I really want to know is if it's okay to run the car like this permanently? Obviously I realize it isn't fixing the problem. Replacing the pulley isn't as easy as some people think as it isn't a case of just unbolting and bolting the new one on, I actually got the part, but no garage had the cam locking tool that you need as it's a Volvo only tool. Volvo wanted £550 just for three hours labour to do the job!!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.