Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiast Forum - Volvo Community - Volvo Repair banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 S60 that I keep in great shape. I've taken a lot of good advice I've received on the forum. I just put on new tires, new plugs, and a new gas filter. However, my car when first starting was hesitating a little bit like it was trying to breath or something. A few times, if I didnt give it gas, it would die. That's why I put in new plugs and a fuel filter. The car definately ran better and I could tell a difference in performance. However, I am still getting that hesitation. A friend of mine suggested I go to a parts store and buy a fuel injection cleaner. He also suggested that maybe every 3rd or 4th fillup I put im premium gas. Please help me. Is this advice valid? I also jusyt replaced the air filter.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Too much fuel cleaner in the tank is not good. Additives can settle out and it is corrosive.

Many repair shops offer the 'Motorvac' injector service. They connect cleaner to the fuel rail and idle the engine on the strong solution. They also clean the throttle plate. This is a far better way to go than a few cans of cleaner.

You might also have to check for software updates for the condition you describe. Dealer job for that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem with my 2003 S60. I cleaned the MAF Sensor, replaced the air filter and pulled off the throttle plate and cleaned it. Problem went almost completely away. However, like was mentioned earlier, you might want to have all the software updates.
also check youtube for ideas on how to check for vacuun leaks yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts