Volvo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post in this forum. We are considering purchasing a 2012 xc60 3.2 with premium plus package........or the Acura RDX. Both very nice vehicles but you can't beat the warranty Volvo is currently offering (or the incentives). For those of you that own the xc60, have there been issues/problems? Would you buy it again? Any advice on the xc60? Thanks for all replies!

·
Registered
1 Posts
XC60 vs Acura RDX

Sorry for the delayed response - just saw your post.

I also looked at the RDX, but am very glad that I bought the XC60. After driving the XC60 on a 1200-mile trip, it's easy to see that there is no comparison. The XC60 is a much better "road trip" car - quieter and more comfortable.

The comfort of the driver's and front passenger's seats in the XC60 is remarkable. I used to dread a 12-hour trip in my other cars (Honda CRV and Lexus RX330). The same trip in the XC60 was more pleasant and less tiring. The front seats provide excellent support to the backs of the upper thighs, much better than any other car in which I have ridden.

The relative quiet at highway speeds helps to reduce fatigue. Engine power (T6) is great, plenty of power for passing and freeway entrances.

The front passenger seat in the Acura RDX does not have 8-way adjustment, a serious omission for a "luxury" car. This was a big negative for me. Also, there are no air outlets or heat/AC controls for back seat passengers in the RDX. Interior materials and visual appeal are much better in the XC60, compared to the RDX.

The Lexus RX350 does not have line markers of the wheel tracks or vehicle margins in the rear-view camera. The seats in the RX350 are not as comfortable as those in the XC60.

Once you learn the Sensus Nav interface, the Nav system is easy to use. The steering wheel-mounted buttons and scroll wheel work very well. "Concatenated" commands can be used to eliminate extra steps for voice command input. A very nice feature of the navigation system is the ability to rapidly "zoom" the screen. You can almost instantly zoom the screen out to a very wide view to look for traffic conditions several miles away, then instantly zoom in to view individual streets. I don't know about other current systems, but older systems in a Lexus RX330 and Honda CRV were very slow to zoom in or out, one step at a time.

So far, the XC60 was an excellent choice for me. No regrets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts