Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiast Forum - Volvo Community - Volvo Repair banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Atlanta area and own a 2006 XC 90 that I bought from a guy in Florida last year. Our A/C is mediocre at best. I had it recharged a few weeks ago, but no better. Simply stated -- it never cools the vehicle very much. Always on max. I have the rear vents closed and it is marginally better for the front seats, rest is still suffering.

My question is this normal for the XC90 V8 or do I need to go back and have it serviced again.

Thanks,
Russ

·
Registered
330 Posts
Our weather in Ontario was very hot this summer too and my black 2004 Jeep was having troubles keeping up. Not as good as it used to be. The change a few years back, to R134 refrigerant, meant a less efficient air conditioner was now the norm.

A 6 year old car air conditioner has many potential problems; A slow refrigerant leak somewhere in the AC? The condenser (outside rad) could be compromised and not as efficient as it should be. The cooling fan (s?) could need to be checked. Climate control, infra red sensor may not be working correctly. The heater probably works as a de-humidifier with the AC and may be out of adjustment.

Modern AC is a very complex system. Go to a competent shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your thoughts on this. Yep I know it has been hot and down here it has been non-stop hot. Just hoping for some feedback from other XC90 owners before I spend a lot to find out that it is as it is.

Cheers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Xc90 ac

I live in Charleston SC and it gets hot here. On all of the (FEW) V8s I work on the AC is very cold. First make sure the rad fan is working properly,second make sure the fins are clean on the radiator and condensor,this is what cools things down to make cold on the inside. I sometimes go to a pressure car wash and back spray(CAREFULLY) the rad from the inside. And last what were the pressure reading when to system was filles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts