Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiast Forum - Volvo Community - Volvo Repair banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can someone help me find the other side of the drivers side rear abs wheel speed sensor. I need to replace it this week and briefly followed the cord until it snuck ontop of the gas tank. Does it go inside the vehicle? 2004

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The rear abs sensor connector meets up with the other side under the rear drivers side seat. To access this remove all rear seats(12 17mm bolts and yellow srs connector under center seat) then pull up the carpet flap. You will see a bunch of connectors. After taking the circle panel off(4 10mm nuts) I wiggled the wire until I found which connector to unplug.( mine had yellow and red tape on it) you can wrestle the old sensor wire downwards and out from underneath the car but I used steel wire, a cutoff latex glove finger and power lube to snake the new connector accross the fuel tank and inside the circle panel to get it in. Also before you turn the ignition on be sure to plug the srs yellow connector under that middle seat back in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi can someone help me find the other side of the drivers side rear abs wheel speed sensor. I need to replace it this week and briefly followed the cord until it snuck ontop of the gas tank. Does it go inside the vehicle? 2004

The rear abs sensor connector meets up with the other side under the rear drivers side seat. To access this remove all rear seats(12 17mm bolts and yellow srs connector under center seat) then pull up the carpet flap. You will see a bunch of connectors. After taking the circle panel off(4 10mm nuts) I wiggled the wire until I found which connector to unplug.( mine had yellow and red tape on it) you can wrestle the old sensor wire downwards and out from underneath the car but I used steel wire, a cutoff latex glove finger and power lube to snake the new connector accross the fuel tank and inside the circle panel to get it in. Also before you turn the ignition on be sure to plug the srs yellow connector under that middle seat back in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts